As Buffy draws to a close in America, Joss Whedon has singled out at his all time favourite ten episodes of the show.
Speaking to American newspaper USA Today, Joss offered some comments about his choices too:
1. Innocence - "It's a mission-statement show, and one of the ones where I first found out what we could do."
2. Once More, With Feeling
4. The Body
5. Doppelgangland - "Because one Willow is certainly not enough."
6. The Wish - "Very bleak, very fun. It went to a dark place, and that's really exciting to me. That's where I live."
7. Becoming, Part II - "Buffy loses everything. Also, it had a sword fight. I love sword fighting."
8. Restless - Why? "Most people sort of shake their heads at it. It was different, but not pointless."
9. Conversations With Dead People - "I'm very fond of 'Conversations With Dead People.' I just thought structurally and tonally it was very interesting and had a lot to say. And I got to write another song."
10. Prophecy Girl - Why? "Because that was my first time, besides telling directors what to do, that I actually got to direct. And it was the first time I got to kill Buffy, and the first season ender, and it was the first time I realised I could take everything we did in the season and tie it in a bow."