The Treasure hunt is now over. The object of the treasure hunt was to win the Crown of Charlemagne. It was covered in gold and worth nearly �2,000.
For the record, the original competiton rules were as follows:
- The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
- You can only win the crown by attending the Ghosts of Albion Event on Saturday, 18 December 2004. This will be held between 1-3pm at the Prince Charles Cinema, London. Entrance is by VIP Ticket only.
- You can win a ticket in one of two ways:
By being the first to post the correct answer to one of the 25 daily puzzles on the Ghosts of Albion messageboard. Winners will be notified by email, so ensure that you are logged into the messageboard using a current email address so that we may contact you
Being one of the first 50 people to correctly complete a puzzle trail form at each of the five museums participating in the treasure hunt. To discover the participating museum each week, you must enter the correct five daily puzzle answers from that week into the form on the Ghosts of Albion homepage. This will unlock the location. You will be given a ticket by museum staff if your form is correct.
- The BBC will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
- This competition is open to UK residents only. Overseas entries will not be considered.
- If you are under the age of 12, you must obtain permission from your parent/guardian before entering.
- If you are under the age of 16, you must be accompanied to the Ghosts of Albion Event by an adult. Please contact us via the email address on your VIP pass, quoting your ticket number, if this applies to you.
- Winners must make their own travel (and accommodation, if applicable) arrangements to attend the Ghosts of Albion Event, as the BBC are unable to pay these expenses for you.
- Should you be unable to attend the event, please notify us via the email address on your VIP pass, quoting your ticket number. You will not be eligible to win the Crown of Charlemagne but will be entered into a prize draw to win assorted Ghosts of Albion and cult goodies.
- The site Editor's decision is final and no negotiation will be entered into.
- The BBC does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Entrants must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- This competition is not open to employees or contractors of the BBC, any person directly or indirectly involved in the BBC or the running of the competition, or their direct family members.
- The BBC reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- This competition is administered by the BBC.